FBICAAA Membership Application
Dear FBI Pittsburgh Citizens Academy Alumni,
As you may have heard or seen over the past few years, the Board of the FBI Citizens Academy Alumni Association Pittsburgh Chapter has developed a new vigor to building the benefits and offerings to you, our members. We want you to get excited with us, and stay involved with our mission:
To promote a safer community through community service projects and a process of educating business, labor, media, medical, minority, religious, government, senior citizens, and other community leaders about law enforcement, with particular emphasis on the mission, resources, and limitations of the FBI.
The eight weeks you spent in the FBI Citizens Academy was merely a beginning to a long term relationship you can continue through the national and local levels of the FBI Citizens Academy Alumni Association (FBICAAA). New graduates from the 2015 session, as well as past attendees/alumni, are being encouraged to stay active and continue to learn and grow the organization as on-going ambassadors for the FBI and the programs to which they are committed. In an effort to build a stronger community for all Alumni of the Citizens Academy, we’ve added a number of events to delight and excite you into full participation with us. As an FBI Citizens Academy Alumni in good standing, you can:
- Attend classes with the current Citizens Academy Class
- The ability to nominate future class members
- Remain an active FBI Ambassador and receive up to date info on real time FBI related news and notifications
- Return to the range for our Alumni Range Night (with enhanced tactical training)
- Alumni Reunion (April) and Alumni Holiday Gathering (December)
- Flight 93 Private Tour hosted by FBI Pittsburgh ERT and NPS Rangers (May – Somerset, PA)
- Private Tour of FBI Headquarters and Quantico (July)
- FBI Quarterly Speaker Series (specific national and local case presentations)
- Southwestern PA Anti-Human Trafficking Coalition community engagement events
- Community Engagement opportunities throughout the year (Civil Rights Program, Child ID, Safe Schools)
- Opportunity to serve on the Alumni Association Board and Advisory Board
So, our events are social, education and civic. In addition to supporting the mission and events of the FBI, the Alumni Association supports the new, incoming classes and community programs undertaken by the FBI.
Please take a moment to explore our website at http://FBIPghCAAA.org/ where you can link to our Facebook page and “like” us, find additional updates and other information.
Application & Dues
We are working to improve our communication with you, our administration and our membership information. Our membership dues are charged once during the calendar year in May for all alumni to join and this date will coincide with the Annual reunion. To support our active programming, our dues are $65 per person. Should this become a hardship to any of you, please let us know as we have scholarship options available. SPECIAL NOTE: Lifetime Memberships are being offered this year. For details, please contact President Rob Barr at email@example.com.
Here is the membership application for the 2017-2018 season:
Please take a moment to fill this out and remit your dues. This can be done electronically using the linked form or by mailing the completed application with a check made out to the FBI Pittsburgh Citizens Academy Alumni Association (FBICAAA Pittsburgh) to: FBICAAA Pittsburgh Chapter Treasurer Robert T. Nelson, PO Box 277, Ambridge, PA 15003. You will hear from us shortly regarding the upcoming Reunion, and we look forward to welcoming you and our new graduates in a lively event!
Your FBI Pittsburgh Citizens’ Academy Alumni Association Executive Board Members:
Rob Barr – President
Melanie Westwood – Vice President
Harry Lenick – Vice President
Robert T. Nelson- Treasurer
Tamara Ivosevic- Secretary
Dina Clark- Board of Directors
Ed McKaveney- Board of Directors
William Johnson- Board of Directors